Salt Lake City
- Plans to build a 79-room Home2Suites (www.hilton.com) were announced in late 2010. A brand-new all-suite, extended-stay Hilton concept, the property would be a four-story, mid-tier hotel set to be open in late 2011.
- A $23 million Embassy Suites (www.embassysuites.com) is scheduled to break ground in July and open in 2012.
- Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel (801.401.2000;www.starwoodhotels.com) recently completed a $14 million transformation. All 362 guest rooms have been newly renovated with new furniture, 42-inch LCD flat-screen televisions, Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds and high-speed Internet access. The project also included upgrades to Olio Ristorante and a new health and fitness program, "Sheraton Fitness, Programmed by Core Performance." Improvements were also made to the property's 33,000 square feet of meeting space.
- Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City (801.595.0000; www.monaco-saltlakecity.com) just finished a soft goods renovation of its 225 guest rooms. The property has more than 3,000 square feet of meeting space.
- Cliff Spa at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort (801.947.8227; www.snowbird.com) completed a major renovation last December. The spa remodeled its lobby, reception area, salon, retail store, main corridor, solarium and steam room, and added a new room dedicated exclusively to Thai massage. There are 21 treatment rooms as well as more than 500 guest rooms and 50,000 square feet of meeting space.
- Embassy Suites Salt Lake City (801.359.7800; www.embassysuites.com) is in the midst of a soft goods renovation. There are 241 guest rooms, and the largest meeting space is 3,700 square feet.
- Red Lion Hotel Salt Lake City (801.521.7373; www.saltlakecityredlion.com) is updating its flat screens and redoing the armoires in its 393 guest rooms. The property has 12,000 square feet of meeting space.
- Renovations are under way at Hilton Salt Lake City Airport (801.539.1515; www.hilton.com). Its 288 guest rooms are receiving "The Serenity Bed by Hilton" as well as new carpet, bathtubs, furniture, televisions, bedding, tile, granite countertops and lighting. The largest function space at the property is a 3,950-square-foot ballroom.
- Montage Deer Valley (435.604.1300; www.montagedeervalley.com) opened in December. Located at Empire Pass in Deer Valley Resort, the property features views of the mountains and valley and the convenience of nearby downtown Park City. There are 154 guest rooms, more than 17,000 square feet of indoor meeting space and 31,000 square feet of outdoor function space. Amenities include the 35,000-square-foot Spa Montage.
- Hyatt Escala Lodge (435.940.1234; www.escalalodge.hyatt.com) opened in November near the ski slopes at Canyons Resort at the foot of the Sunrise chairlift. The property has 178 guest rooms and 4,000 square feet of meeting space.
- Marriott Park City (435.649.2900; www.parkcitymarriott.com) recently added an expanded foyer and a new junior ballroom capable of accommodating 250. This brings its total meeting space to more than 10,000 square feet. There are 199 deluxe guest rooms.
Provo/Sundance (Utah Valley)
- The new Utah Valley Convention Center (www.meetinutahvalley.com) is scheduled to open in spring 2012. The LEED Silver-certified building will offer 83,600 square feet of combined meeting, prefunction and garden space, including a 19,600-square-foot exhibit hall and a 16,900-square-foot ballroom.
- The recently opened Towne Place Suites Provo Orem (801.225.4477; www.marriott.com) offers 100 suites and one meeting room.
- Holiday Inn Express Orem-North Provo (801.655.1515; www.hiexpress.com) opened in 2010. The hotel has 122 guest rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express American Fork-North Provo (801.763.8500; www.hiexpress.com) completed renovations in 2010. The property offers 80 guest rooms.
- Comfort Suites (801.621.2545; www.comfortsuites.com) in Ogden is undergoing a renovation of its 142 guest rooms, meeting rooms and public spaces that will be completed by September.
- Holiday Inn Express (801.392.5000; www.hiexpress.com) in Ogden completed a guest room and meeting space renovation in December. The property has 75 guest rooms and one meeting room.
- A new Hilton Garden Inn (www.hilton.com) will begin construction this year one block north of the Ogden Eccles Conference Center and across the street from Ogden's Salomon Center.