Hotel contract risk reduction and cost containment have become an important metric in the Strategic Meetings Management (SMM) landscape. In this interactive workshop, we will address the latest industry issues and trends that impact planner / hotelier negotiations as the seller’s market shifts in some regions to a buyer’s market, including specific methods to validate and report contract risk mitigation. Additionally, we will review key hotel contract performance clauses that are often overlooked to best protect your organization, and methods to calculate damages and verify amounts due via an audit.
Join Meetings Today and Robyn Mietkiewicz, senior director of Global Meeting Management at Meeting Sites Resource for this one-hour webinar to make sure you’re armed with the negotiating tools you need to succeed in today’s meetings and conventions world.
After attending this session, the attendee will be able to:
- Examine key hotel contract performance clauses that should not be overlooked to assure risk reduction / cost containment
- How to review key cost-savings strategies, including room rates, concessions, F&B and audiovisual and Internet/technology support services
- Review methods to assess and use your leverage based on hotel revenue management criteria
- Know the essential components of a cost savings, risk reduction, cost containment report
- Review five steps to value based contract negotiations
- Enhance communications and partnerships with hoteliers
Earn CEUs: The Event Industry Council has reviewed the learning objectives of this activity and has indicated that attendees will receive 1 CE hours in the Project Management Domain of the CMP or CMP-HC Standards.
Visit our Sponsors