LIBERIA, Peninsula Papagayo, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
The 181-room Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, the only Forbes Five-Star luxury resort in Central and South America, announced a $35 million reimagination that will deliver a new era of modern eco-luxury and meaningful explorations to Costa Rica’s north Pacific coast in December 2017.
The resort-wide transformation will begin in August 2017 and encompass the following:
- All 181 guest rooms, suites and villas will emerge as soothing retreats with a seamless visual connection to the flora, fauna and ocean views beyond each balcony or patio.
- A redesigned, inviting arrival experience and a new luxury retail experience.
- New culinary concepts featuring locally-sourced organic foods, including three reimagined restaurants and an all-new Añejo bar and Library lounge.
- An enhanced signature pool area with new luxury cabanas, amenities and programming.
- A new collection of guest activities and experiences rooted in a connection to self and nature.
- An introductory offer of a $1,000 resort credit with a five-night stay.
The $35 million renovation of Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica will be guided by a locally-inspired yet globally-considered modern design narrative from Meyer Davis Studio. The renowned New York City-based design boutique will bring a handcrafted approach to integrating the resort’s signature indoor-outdoor spaces with the peninsula’s vibrant tropical landscape so that nature takes center stage.
The December 2017 debut of the reimagined Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica will also signal the launch of a more than $100 million investment toward a major transformation of the 1,400-acre Peninsula Papagayo—a collection of residential and resort communities. Guided by new ownership led by Miami-based Gencom, the destination transformation will connect the Peninsula Papagayo from end-to-end.