If you were looking for a job or negotiating the conditions under which you’d work, of these, which would you not want?
- Fair and equitable wages/salary.
- Working hours and conditions to meet your needs and those of your family.
- Vacation time (and time to use it).
- Overtime compensation (whether in dollars or “comp” time).
- Protection from sexual and other harassment by management, coworkers, customers or members, and vendors.
- Job security against outsourcing.
- Training for new technology and assurance your job would not be outsourced to a robot.
- Training to keep up with changes in your job responsibilities.
As I finish the edits for this blog and the Q&A for the June 2018 edition of Friday With Joan, we wait to...