Every planner works from a different checklist when devising an incentive trip. Meetings Focus consulted incentive experts to find out their top planning priorities.
- Strategy – you must have a clear strategy on how you are going to measure the incentive trip, quotas, expenses associated with it.
- Budget – have a clear budget that is dependent on number of participants, destination and the costs associated with the trip.
- The Award – understand what your target audience wants and would work hard to earn.
- Announcement & Communication – make sure that all potential participants know about the trip.
- Execution – this is the hard part. Making sure that the participation is there and that the award/trip lives up to its expectations.
- Results – did the incentive trip create the results that you wanted? Measure ROI.
Aash Shravah is the Director, Corporate Sales at Montrose Travel where he has been since December 2010. Previously he worked for more than 15 years at Kintetsu International, where he most recently served as General Manager, Corporate Sales.