MACKINAC ISLAND, Mich.
Mission Point Resort, a 239-room lakefront property on Mackinac Island, Mich., launched a new "Out of the Office Package" geared towards groups which takes care of all of the planning and budgeting – all that's reportedly left for the group is to turn on their 'Out of Office' email response.
In addition to basics, Mission Point's OOO package can include add-ons such as the property's new Sun-Up Session, which allows groups start the day off with a with a distinctly Mackinac experience: taking in the sunrise over Lake Huron.
Groups can enjoy a light hike to view the sunrise, followed by a picnic of locally sourced and house-created breakfast specialties, including: whitefish benedict, house-made croissants with artisanal lavender and Michigan Peach jam and maple-syrup glazed bacon. Optional yoga follows on the Courtside Patio.
While we all know that every meeting can't be fit into a set template, the package does look like an intriguing one for planners to consider, with plenty of room for customization.
All “Out of Office Packages" start with the following essentials:
- Ferry tickets for attendees.
- Attendee luggage transfers from the Mainland Docks.
- All meeting space rental.
- All taxes and service fees.
Additional add-ons include as much of the following items needed:
- Group or individual meals.
- Receptions, coffee and snack breaks.
- Golf at Greens of Mackinac or Wawashkamo Golf Club.
- Teambuilding events.
- Ideas include: 'Sun Up Sessions,' horticultural tours and activities, kite flying clinics, lawn games, scavenger hunts, yoga and more.
- Classic Mackinac Island activities.
Additional add-ons include carriage tours of Mackinac Island, tickets to Fort Mackinac, bicycle rentals, ghost tours, and more. Additionally, Mission Point Resorts offers over 38,000 square feet of function space including an amphitheater and a 20,000-square-foot conference center.
For more information on Mission Resort's "Out of the Office Package," including contact information, visit: http://www.missionpoint.com/meetings/out_of_office/.