Global Wellness Day, an annual, international initiative dedicated to living well is June 11, 2016. Rosewood Hotels & Resorts will celebrate this with a range of special programming based around exercise, healthy eating and spiritual teachings.
“From spa treatments that use indigenous ingredients to guided meditations with a local guru, we pride ourselves on offering every member of the Rosewood community – from guests to associates – access to wellness activities that are inspired by each hotel’s destination,” says Niamh O’Connell, group vice president of guest experience and wellness of Rosewood Hotel Group. “We believe it’s important to inspire and encourage every member of the Rosewood community to actively participate in their wellbeing while staying with us and at home. We look forward to celebrating Global Wellness Day with the Rosewood community around the world.”
Twelve of Rosewood’s hotels and resorts will participate with the following programs:
- Rosewood Abu Dhabi, UAE: The property will offer guests and associates a master class focused on healthy living, while younger guests can participate in activities that promote conservation, such as a formaldehyde-free paint party and a sculpture-building session building using recycled items.
- Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort, Antigua: The private island resort will host a meditation class at local Seaview Academy and associates will participate in a week-long healthy-eating challenge. Additionally, the resort will host a charity drive for associates to donate toiletries, food items, and clothes.
- Rosewood Tucker’s Point, Bermuda: The resort will host a nature walk to the Beach Club, an apothecary healing workshop in the Spa Garden and foraging and gardening lessons to teach guests how to create their own Bermuda garden.
- Rosewood CordeValle, Calif., USA: The hotel will host a 5K run through the property and surrounding area, as well as guided three-mile hikes in the morning and evening. A nutritionist will also be on-site to discuss healthy eating habits. Guests lounging poolside will be offered scalp and golf ball massages.
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia, Vancouver, Canada: Restorative yoga focused on supported postures and slow transitions to restore a resilient and relaxed nervous system will be offered at the newly renovated rooftop lounge, Reflections: The Garden Terrace.
- Rosewood Beijing, China: In addition to a tai chi and meditation sessions, guests can also take advantage of a curated spa menu of mini-treatments. In the evening, a local tea master will offer tasting sessions of various tea selections and will explain the benefits of drinking tea. The tea session will be followed by a healthy dinner based on tea ingredients.
- Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco, Italy: Guests can participate in a bike tour through the breathtaking Tuscan landscape to a family-run organic farm. Organic vegetable and gardening classes will help guests find balance and wellness in the kitchen, while children can participate in happiness yoga sessions, farm tours, and a healthy eating treasure hunt.
- Rosewood London, UK: Guests will be offered cucumber and lemon-infused water upon arrival, as well as healthy snacks throughout the day.; The hotel will also host a “Grand Marble Staircase Walk” in the morning during which associates will lead guests up seven floors and then back down to kick-start the day with a healthy action.
- Rosewood Mayakoba, Mexico: The resort will begin the day with an ancient Pre-Hispanic ritual of gratitude followed by the first commemorative “Global Wellness Day Rose-Fit Race.”
- Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, Mexico: A holistic ritual meditation will help guests reach complete relaxation with the aid of crystal bowls at the property’s solarium. A special tea and bath menu will also be offered at the Signature Villa.
- Rosewood Sand Hill, Calif., USA: The day begins with a spa circuit training class using high-intensity aerobics followed by a tasting of organic wines produced locally in Silicon Valley that afternoon. Guests can also attend a diet and nutrition seminar hosted by a local expert.
- Rosewood San Miguel de Allende, Mexico: Guests are invited to enjoy a game of tennis followed by a relaxing pool-side spa treatment. Younger guests will have the opportunity to give back to the earth by planting a tree.