2 liter water
2 liter white wine
4 liter chicken stock
1.5 liter olive oil
1 deli carrot (sliced)
1 deli fennel (sliced)
2 deli onions (chopped)
¼ deli shallots (chopped)
4 tbsp. garlic (chopped)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large container, mix together the water, wine, chicken stock and
only one liter of the olive oil.
2. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large enough pot to hold the liquid.
3. Add the carrot and cook for approximately 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the fennel and continue cooling for about the same amount of time.
5. Add the onions, shallots and garlic, then cook them until the vegetables
have all softened.
6. Make sure that you attain no color on the vegetables.
7. Pour the reserved liquid over the vegetables; simmer the liquid for about
8. Make sure that all of the vegetables are cooked all of the way through.
9. Strain the liquid and cool it down using an ice bath.
10. Use this liquid to bag the artichokes. Cryovack them and cook for about
20-30 minutes at 212 degrees.