LAS VEGAS and TYSONS, Va.
Cvent, Inc. announced strong company growth that includes an intention to hire 200 employees by the end of 2017, and a new office expansion strategy to fuel its continued customer growth. The news was released during Cvent’s annual client conference, Cvent CONNECT 2017, at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
“At Cvent we have a strong track record of delivering strong year-over-year growth in the huge and largely untapped market for meetings, events and travel technology,” ,” said Reggie Aggarwal, founder and CEO of Cvent. “2017 has continued to propel growth, as we have expanded the platform to now include Cvent Passkey and Business Transient solutions. We also have announced ... the new Cvent Flex, and major improvements to our Cvent Supplier Network and Business Intelligence [software].”
“Recruiting talent has always been a priority for Cvent, and as an entrepreneur and CEO, I’m incredibly passionate about job creation,” Aggarwal continued. “This year, we are looking to hire more than 200 people around the world to meet our increased growth, and we’ve [also] opened new offices in APAC.”
Specific growth highlights as noted by Cvent include:
- Strengthening the platform and technology: Cvent is expanding its platform to offer a full spectrum of meetings, events and travel solutions. Most notable are the integrations of the Passkey and Business Transient solutions into the Cvent platform, which open up new ways for planners to interact with hoteliers while providing hotels with new, highly-targeted marketing channels designed to increase revenue per available room (REVPAR).
- Other notable product innovations include: The introduction of Cvent Flex, a brand new portal designed to streamline the process of registration website creation, the redesign of the Cvent Supplier Network and the launch of a new Business Intelligence Platform.
- Investing in people: Cvent has been actively hiring a wide range of technology, customer support and operational positions. The company employs more than 2,600 people and expects to hire 200 more people globally by the end of 2017, with more than half of the hires in the U.S.
- Increasing international presence: Cvent has opened additional international offices and expanded its presence in existing markets outside of the U.S. to support a growing global client base. The company now operates 12 offices worldwide across four continents.
- Adding new customers. Cvent is adding new customers to the platform and there is strong growth in both the Event and Hospitality Clouds. So far in 2017, the Event Cloud has signed more than 775 new customers, including many enterprise clients in the Fortune 500.
“We see that there is a huge opportunity for us to continue leading the industry in innovation for both the buyers and suppliers of the meetings and events industry,” Aggarwal said. “Each day more planners and hotels are discovering Cvent, while an increasing number of current customers are leveraging additional elements of the Cvent platform to increase event ROI and group business profitability.”