The Calgary Stampede, the Canadian Rockies, and an energetic economy add up to equal a well-rounded destination.
1. Western Hospitality - With those sharp white Smithbilt cowboy hats and that famous volunteer spirit, the Calgary hospitality community knows how to set the stage for meetings that are social, creative and collaborative.
2. Enjoy the (Quick) Flight - Calgary International Airport (YYC) is the third largest and busiest airport in Canada, serving 19 U.S. destinations throughout the year. It’s also growing. A $2-billion expansion of the international terminal just opened.
3. That Favorable Exchange Rate - Currently, the Canadian dollar is valued at $0.75 U.S. dollar, which equals a 25 percent savings. Alberta is also the only province in Canada with a zero percent provincial sales tax.
4. Spacious and Gracious - Calgary has more than 13,000 hotel rooms and more than 1.3 million square feet of meeting space.
5. An eco-conscious mentality - Calgary is a leader in environmental initiatives with Green Key-certified hotels and venues that have earned LEED or BOMA certification.
6. A Global Business Centre - Calgary is home to more than 135 corporate headquarters, making it the second largest head-office city in Canada. It’s also a global hub for the energy sector as well as finance and business, transportation and logistics, manufacturing, and a number of other industries.
7. Canada’s Tech Centre - Calgary is the leading city in Canada for technology start-up companies and, with more than 116,196 miles of installed fiber optics, super fast Internet connections.
8. Natural Beauty - The Canadian Rockies and Badlands are basically Calgary’s backyard, and four nearby UNESCO World Heritage Sites can easily be done as day trips. Or stay in town and take a downtown stroll. Lined with sculptures and historical buildings, Stephen Avenue Walk is the perfect place to hold an outdoor event in downtown Calgary.
9. For After the Meeting - Downtown has plenty going for it as well — more than 1,000 shops, 200 restaurants, 50 nightclubs and bars, 18 major tourist attractions, and 23 major annual festivals, to be exact.
10. 100 Years of Experience - The Calgary Stampede, Global Petroleum Show, Inter-American Development Bank, and International Seed Federation’s World Seed Congress are just a few of the major groups Calgary has hosted during the past century. Calgary’s TELUS Convention Centre, which hosted more than 450 events in 2016, earned a rating of either good or excellent by 93 percent of its clients.
For more information: Meetings + Conventions Calgary — (877) 710-6338; email@example.com; MeetingsCalgary.com
Sponsored Content is submitted by our advertisers and does not represent the views of Meetings Today or its publisher, Stamats Communications. Content may be edited for clarity and style.