Last August Smoke & Mirrors Magic Theater waved a magic wand and “poof,” a new theater materialized right out of thin air.
While that may not be a sufficient genesis story for, say, city building inspectors, the theater just north of Philadelphia in Huntingdon Valley, Pa., is indeed grounded in reality.
Owned and operated by professional magicians Danny Archer and Marty Martin, the custom-built 60-seat theater offers audiences an immersion in one of the world’s oldest performing arts, with sleight-of-hand artists, mind-readers and the like astounding onlookers with their mysterious powers.
Drawing on performers and magicians who have plied their craft on shows such as America’s Got Talent, Penn & Teller: Fool Us and Masters of Illusion, Smoke & Mirrors Magic Theater is part of the Magical Arts Center, a nearly 5,000-square-foot facility that attracts audiences and groups from Philadelphia and the Delaware Valley region.
The Magical Arts Center also features the following attractions and services:
- The Little Theater, a second 60-seat theater specializing in family magic shows/birthday parties
- A magic school offering classes for beginners and more-serious students
- Full catering to handle corporate meetings, teambuilding and other special events
- Theater rental for private events
- A theatrical seance (coming soon)
- A magic shop selling props and tricks of the trade
Of course, planners should not practice sleight-of-hand with their BEOs, as a professional courtesy.