Matt Del Regno, executive chef and general manager of the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland and the Global Center for Health Innovation shares a recipe for honey-cinnamon granola bars that is great for planners on the go!
Yields 24 bars
2 cups oats
1 cup slivered almonds
2/3 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp. butter
½ tsp. salt
1 cup dried fruit
¾ cup wheat germ
¾ cup shaved coconut
½ cup all-natural honey
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix oats, wheat germ, almonds and coconut on a baking sheet. Toast for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Prepare an 11x13 glass baking dish, line bottom with wax paper and spray with non-stick spray.
3. Mix brown sugar, honey, butter, vanilla, salt and ground cinnamon in a 3-quart pot and bring to a simmer for one minute.
4. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined with a wooden spoon.
5. Pour into prepared pan, top with wax paper and press down to compact evenly.
Allow to cool for three hours and cut into your desired shape. Enjoy!