Cvent released its annual lists of “Top Meeting Hotels” for meetings and events worldwide. The top venues were sorted geographically and rankings are based on each hotel’s group business performance.
“There are quite a few noticeable shifts in our ‘Top Meeting Hotels’ lists, emphasizing a robust, growing marketplace,” said Chris McAndrews, vice president of marketing for Cvent’s Hospitality Cloud. “Hotels cannot rest on their laurels if they want to attract more group business in the years ahead.”
The Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center retained its No. 1 position as “Top U.S. Meeting Hotel.”
"Being recognized as the highest-ranking hotel two years in a row is a testament to our incredibly talented team,” said John Adams, general manager, Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center. “Their drive and passion for providing memorable experiences has cemented Nashville’s status as a meeting destination.”
Other U.S. hotels in the Top 5 include:
- Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center: Moved up from No. 3 last year.
- The Venetian and Palazzo Resort, Hotel & Casinos: Moved down from No. 1 last year.
- JW Marriott Austin: Same position as 2017.
- Hilton Anatole: Moved up from No. 7 last year.
In addition, two new properties broke into the U.S. Top 10:
- Hilton Anatole, Dallas (ranked 5th).
- The Westin Peachtree Plaza, Atlanta (ranked 10th).
- Newcomers to the Top 100 U.S. list include InterContinental Miami; Fairmont Austin; New York Hilton Midtown; The Broadmoor, in Colorado Springs, Colorado; and The Phoenician, in Scottsdale, Arizona.
For the European market, Hilton Hotels were prominent on the Top 50 list for generating most group business, including the three top spots:
- Hilton Prague.
- Hilton London Metropole.
- The Double Tree by Hilton, Amsterdam Centraal Station.
Hotel Arts Barcelona and Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Centre rounded out the Top 5 spots.
Hilton was joined by the Marriott and IHG brands as the top hotel chains on Europe’s Top 50 list. As far as destinations, Germany and Spain represent the largest selection of hotels on the list with 12 and 10 in the Top 50, respectively, including the following chains and brands:
- Radisson Blu, Sheraton.
- NH Hotel Group.
- W Hotels.
In the APAC region, the Top 5 hotels out of 50 ranked as follows:
- Hyatt Regency Sydney.
- Shangri-la Hotel, Sydney.
- Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay.
- Hilton Kuala Lumpur.
- Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore.
Dubai scored the Top 6 slots for the Middle East/Africa region on a Top 25 list:
- JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai.
- Conrad Dubai.
- InterContinental Dubai-Festival City.
- Grand Hyatt Dubai.
- Fairmont Dubai.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre.
Cvent evaluated hotel properties that generated business through the Cvent Supplier Network from January 2017 through December 2017. The properties were ranked according to various criteria, including total requests for proposals (RFPs), awarded RFPs, total room nights, awarded room nights, major metropolitan area (MMA) market share, conversion rate and the hotel's unique profile visits in the Cvent Supplier Network.
According to Cvent, its supplier network sourced more than $14.7 billion and more than 40 million room nights in 2017, helping to support more than 715,000 meetings and events worldwide.