Chef Richard Hales of Bird & Bone at The Confidante Miami Beach shares a tuna poke recipe.
[Top Chefs Profile: Richard Hales]
- 1 lb. sushi-grade ahi yellowtail tuna, fresh
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, premium
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil, fresh
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger root, microplane
- 1/3 C fine sliced scallion, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp. roasted and crushed macadamia nuts
- 1 tbsp. hijiki seaweed, dried and crumbled
- 1/2 tsp. Aleppo pepper, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. toasted white sesame seeds
- Hawaiian salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Seasoned rice vinegar to taste
- Garnish baby tomato and edamame
- Fried wontons
Microplane ginger. Crush hijiki seaweed. Crush Aleppo pepper. Toast sesame seeds. Slice scallion.
Combine marinade ingredients: soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, scallion, nuts, hijiki, Aleppo, sesame seeds, salt and black pepper, and reserve.
Slice the tuna in 3/4-inch pieces, dice and reserve. Combine tuna with marinade, season to taste with salt and let sit for two hours. Just before serving, sprinkle seasoned rice vinegar on serving portion.
Garnish with halved baby tomato and edamame beans. Serve with fried, torn wonton strips.
[Related Content: Click here to see our full collection of recipes].