The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort is planning an expansion, including new features and amenities catering to meetings and groups. The project is slated to break ground early fall 2018 and is scheduled to be completed in the fall of 2020.
The new structure, which is described as a tower, will be located next to the Swan Resort on the current site of the tennis courts.
“This is another significant phase for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort,” said Fred Sawyers, the resort’s general manager. “We’re excited about the resort’s continued evolution and the new experience it will provide for our guests.”
The new tower expansion will be 14 stories tall and include:
- More than 22,000 square feet of meeting space, including two ballrooms, 12 meeting rooms and a rooftop reception space with views of Walt Disney World fireworks.
- 349 guest rooms, including 151 suites featuring separate working and private spaces, built-in AV system, large conference table.
- A landscaped 16,800-square-foot elevated deck with a fire pit and pool.
- A 90-seat restaurant and a 50-seat lounge.
- A health club, business center, grab-and-go market, upscale craft cocktail lobby bar and additional Disney-related benefits.
“This new resort is designed to allow us to better meet the needs of meetings and groups,” said Director of Sales and Marketing Gino Marasco. “Its unique new features will complement our location, recent renovation and service to give planners even more options to enjoy.”
The expansion follows a $150 million transformation of the Disney Swan and Dolphin Resort’s guest rooms, lobby areas and all meeting space. Once the new tower is completed, the resort will offer more than 2,600 total guest rooms and 350,000 square feet of meeting space.
The new location will be open for group bookings beginning March 1, 2021.
The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort is located in the center of Walt Disney World Resort, and currently offers 2,270 guest rooms and over 331,000 square feet of meeting space.
An exclusive rendering is available below, courtesy of the Walt Disney Company: