Omni Hotels & Resorts announced the appointment of Todd Raessler as general manager of Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, which is currently undergoing a $150 million renovation. In this new role, Raessler will oversee all operations at the transformed Texas Hill Country resort, reopening in May 2019.
“A veteran in the hospitality industry, Todd Raessler brings an incredible depth of resort experience to our Omni leadership team,” said Peter Strebel, president of Omni Hotels & Resorts. “His leadership and strong background in resort operations made him the clear choice to lead our most highly anticipated project of 2019.”
Prior to joining Omni, Raessler worked with Marriott Hotels and Starwood Hotels & Resorts. Most recently, he served as general manager for The St. Regis Princeville Resort in Kauai, Hawaii and prior to that he was resort manager at The Phoenician Resort and The Canyon Suites Resort in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Raessler has a diverse background with companies such as Hilton and Kimpton Hotels and graduated from Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration.
The new Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa will feature:
- A new resort tower, featuring a unique lobby bar experience and an additional 184 guest rooms, including 50 suites with floor-to-ceiling windows
- Seven new dining experiences throughout the resort
- New conference center, ballroom and outdoor events pavilion
- Canyons Clubhouse, a new golf clubhouse, which opened in 2018, at the Fazio Canyons golf course
- A new Mokara Spa and wellness center
- New tennis complex
- Updated décor and design in all existing guest rooms and meeting spaces