● The newly expanded Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre means the space is now Australia’s largest convention and exhibition center, with over 430,000 square feet of exhibition space.
● Sydney’s newest waterfront development, Barangaroo, is set over 54 acres of prime Harbourside land in the heart of the city center. It’s also connected to Darling Harbour and nearby ICC Sydney. The precinct is home to more than 40 new restaurants and bars and other purpose-built event spaces for groups of up to 5,000.
● A major development on Brisbane’s waterfront is nearing completion. Howard Smith Wharves will feature an overwater bar, a converted heritage wharf building, four boutique venues known as The Houses and Howard’s Hall, a nearly 12,000-square-foot venue due to open in November.
● In South Australia, the Adelaide Convention Centre redevelopment has increased the multipurpose convention floor space by 46,000 square feet and created a new public boulevard linking the Riverbank Promenade to the Centre. The redevelopment has replaced the original Plenary Building with a multipurpose facility with plenary capacity of up to 3,500 seats.
● In Perth, the newly opened Optus Stadium in Perth features 18 specially designed event spaces that can host from two to 2,000 guests, while the stadium itself seats 60,000. Near Crown Perth on the Swan River, the Stadium’s event spaces include rooftop venues with views of the river.