Executive Chef Mark Kropczynski of THE US GRANT, a Luxury Collection Hotel and Grant Grill shares his California spiny lobster recipe plated with chantelle mushroom panna cotta, fresh bean, figs and banyuls vinaigrette (serves four).
Chanterelle Mushroom Panna Cotta:
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 4 oz. chanterelle mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1 cups cream
- 1 gelatin sheets
- Salt and White Pepper to taste
Bloom gelatin in ice water. Sweat shallots lightly in butter in pan. Add chanterelle mushrooms and continue sweating until mushrooms are tender. Add cream and bring to low simmer.
[Top Chefs Profile: Executive Chef Mark Kropczynski Dives for His Lobster Dinner]
Place all ingredients in blender and puree until smooth. Season with salt and white pepper, and then add bloomed gelatin sheets while puree is still warm to make sure they fully dissolve. Using a small ladle to place puree onto the plates and let cool down in walk-in fridge (overnight is best).
Sous Vide Lobster Tails:
- 2 California Spiny Lobsters (1 1/4 pounds each)
- 3 oz. Court Bouillon (or chicken stock)
- 2 oz. Butter
- Sprigs of Thyme and Parsley
Remove the lobster tail meat from the shell. Place tail meat into a vacuum/zip lock bag along with the court bouillon, thyme, parley and butter then seal. Poach the bag at 140 degrees for 20 minutes.
Remove from bag and slice into medallions, serve warm or cold.
- 1/2 Shallot (diced finely)
- 4 oz. Banyuls Wine (reduced to 1 oz.)
- 1/2 oz. Banyuls Wine Vinegar
- 2 oz. Corn Oil
- Pinch of Diced Chives and Parsley
- Salt and Pepper
Fresh Bean and Chanterelle Salad
- 1/2 pound of thin fresh Bean (any color you desire) Split with a bean splitter
- 12 pieces Sugar Snap Peas
- 1/2 lb. Chanterelles Washed and sliced
- 2 oz. Golden Thread Mushrooms
- 3 Fresh Figs (cut into wedges)
- 3 each Baby Carrots (shaved thinly)
Blanch (and shock) all beans and peas until tender. Sautéed the mushrooms with the butter, shallots, salt and pepper. If needed, add a little water to mushrooms if they become dry during the cooking process.
Once cooked allow to cool before building the salad.
Mix all of the salad ingredients along with the lobster and dress with the vinaigrette, salt and pepper.
[Related Content: Click here to see Meetings Today's full collection of recipes].