Corporate Executive Chef Josef Huber, who oversees F&B operations at all six AHC+Hospitality owned and managed hotels, shared this flavorful recipe for Shrimp Toast that serves four people.
Shrimp Toast Ingredients:
- 10 ounces shrimp, peeled, deveined.
- 2 tbsp. hot chili paste (such as sambal oelek).
- 2 tsp. finely grated lemongrass.
- 2 tsp. fish sauce (such as nam pla or nuoc nam).
- 1 tsp. finely grated peeled ginger.
- Kosher salt.
- 2 scallions, green and white parts separated, thinly sliced crosswise.
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds.
- 4 slices white bread, ¼-inch thick, crusts removed.
- Vegetable oil (for frying; about 1 cup).
Shrimp Toast Directions:
- Pulse shrimp, chili paste, lemongrass, fish sauce and ginger in a food processor until smooth.
- Season with salt and pulse again to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl; stir in scallion whites.
- Place sesame seeds on a plate.
- Spread shrimp mixture over bread slices, extending all the way to edges.
- Press bread, shrimp side down, into sesame seeds to coat evenly.
- Pour oil into a large skillet to come ¼-inch up the sides and heat over medium-high until a small pinch of shrimp mixture sizzles when added to oil.
- Working in two batches, fry toasts, shrimp side down, until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes; turn and cook until the other sides are golden and crisp, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to a paper towel–lined wire rack to drain.
- Cut each toast diagonally into quarters and top with scallion greens.
Click here to see more recipes.
[Read This Next: AHC+Hospitality Chef Josef Huber Shares Group Dining Trends]