SPIN:Senior Planners Industry Network announced it will join forces with the advocacy coalition Meetings Mean Business (MMB) in support of Global Meetings Industry Day (GMID) on April 6, 2017.
SPIN will work alongside MMB and meetings industry organizations worldwide to showcase the real impact that business meetings, conferences, conventions, incentive travel, tradeshows and exhibitions have on people, business and communities. This year, SPIN’s efforts will be focused in eight locations.
California (San Francisco & San Diego)
- SPIN:San Francisco is collaborating with seven other local associations for GMID Grand Slam at AT&T Park.
- SPIN: San Diego is also partnering with seven other associations at Andaz San Diego.
- SPIN:Atlanta is joining forces with four other groups for a panel education session at the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown.
Minnesota (Twin Cities)
- SPIN:Twin Cities is partnering with seven others at the Minneapolis Convention Center to discuss the impact the Super Bowl will have in Minneapolis next year.
Texas (Austin & Dallas)
- SPIN:Austin is again holding a GMID celebration with 10 other association partners at Brazos Hall in Austin.
- SPIN:Dallas, along with MPI & IAEE are partnering with Richmond College’s TEEM (Travel, Exposition, and Meeting Management) students at the Royal Oaks Country Club.
Canada (Ottawa & Toronto)
- SPIN:Ottawa, in conjunction with MPI Ottawa will hold a full day of education at the Infinity Convention Center.
- SPIN:Toronto will also collocate with their MPI counterpart at the Chelsea Hotel Toronto.
“SPIN members are passionate about what they do and passionate about this industry,” said Rod Abraham, SPIN’s Executive Director. “Working in concert with other industry associations to celebrate the industry and bring attention to just how important meetings are to the economy is good for everyone.”
To learn more about SPIN GMID events visit http://www.spinplanners.com/spingmid-events.html. To learn more about GMID, visit http://www.meetingsmeanbusiness.com/GMID. Follow and participate in the digital conversations by using the official MMB and GMID hashtags: #MMBusiness and #GMID17.