SAN JUAN, P.R.
The Puerto Rico Tourism Company is offering updates on the current status of lodging and facilities on the island via its Puerto Rico Now website. It also provides information on how to help support the recovery effort.
Puerto Rico is still assessing the full impact of Hurricane Maria, which devastated the island’s infrastructure, knocking out power and making travel across the island difficult or impossible in some situations. Damage from Hurricanes Irma and Maria also severed the island’s communication with the U.S. and internally.
Below is a list of hotels on the island and their current status, as listed on the Puerto Rico Now website (as of 09.28.17 at 11:30 a.m. CDT). Puerto Rico Now will provide updates as they become available.
The following hotels are closed and not taking new reservations until further notice. If you have an existing reservation in the coming days, please contact the hotel directly for rebooking.
- Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve
- W Retreat & Spa in Vieques
- Gran Melia
- Coral by the Sea Hotel
- Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa (planning to reopen at the end of the year)
- Royal Isabela
The following hotels are open, but not taking new reservations prior to October 15:
- Hyatt Place San Juan
- Hyatt House San Juan
- Verdanza Hotel
The following hotels are open, but not taking new reservations prior to October 22:
- Hyatt Hacienda del Mar (Dorado)
- Hotel El Convento
- Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
- AC Hotel by Marriott San Juan Condado
- La Concha Resort
- InterContinental San Juan in Isla Verde
- San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
- The Wave Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condado Hotel by IHG
- Canario Boutique Hotel
- Coral Princess Hotel
- At Wind Chimes Boutique Hotel
- Best Western Condado Palm Inn & Suites
- Comfort Inn San Juan
- Hotel Miramar
- Hotel Villa Montaña & Spa
The following hotels are not accepting existing or new reservations through October 31:
- Caribe Hilton
- The Condado Plaza Hilton
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort
- Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino
- Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort
- Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan
- El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Juan
The following hotel is no longer accepting existing or new reservations through December 31:
- El Conquistador, a Waldorf Astoria Resort
Puerto Rico Now also said, “If you have a trip scheduled for this upcoming week and through October 15, we recommend you call your hotel or travel agent directly and consider rebooking for a later date.”
Please visit the Puerto Rico Now website for further updates on airports, cruise ports, lodging and more.