SPIN:Senior Professionals Industry Network announced the 2017 recipients of the organization’s newly created recognition for veteran meeting planners—SPIN:40 Over 40. This new initiative was designed to recognize and honor planners who are industry role models, influencers, innovators and pioneers.
“We had a great response to this call for nominations,” said Shawna Suckow, SPIN founder. “The depth and breadth of what these individuals have achieved is amazing. Just like our membership, this list is diverse and includes planners for large corporations, associations and smaller third-party agencies.
“Our award recipients speak, they teach, they plan large conferences, small incentive programs, work locally and globally and find time to mentor and volunteer,” Suckow added.
“This is an exciting and humbling honor to be recognized by SPIN for my contributions to the industry,” said Terri Woodin, CMP of Meeting Sites Resource. “There are so many truly amazing planners around the globe that work tirelessly to achieve great things for this industry, their company, and themselves.”
Following is a complete list of veteran planners who received the new SPIN recognition.
2017 SPIN: 40 Over 40 Winners
- Deborah Agricola Kuns, CMP, Frosch & Christine Peat International
- Jan Aument, CTSM Silver, Good Plan Jan
- Melissa Benowitz, MRB Meetings & Management, LLC
- Lisa Boyd, CMP, CEM, CASE, Institute for Electrical & Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Patrice Bradshaw, CMP, Boeing
- Jody Brandes, CMP, CMM, Genentech
- Mozella L. Brown, CMP, M. L. Brown & Associates
- Carolyn Browning, CMP, CMM, HMCC, MEETing Needs, LLC
- Alexandra Carvalho-Lukachova, CMP, Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc. (Kaiser Permanente)
- Carolyn Davis, CMP, Strategic Meeting Partners, LLC
- Corne Engelbrecht, CMP, Conference Consultancy South Africa (Pty) Ltd
- Marti Fox, CMP, CMM, CPECP, GlobalGoals, Inc.
- Leticia Harnung, LMH Consulting Services, LLC
- Lori Hedrick, MHA, CMM, CMP, CSEP, Burroughs Wellcome Fund
- Abbey Herman, CMM, Meeting and Event Consultant for Fortune 500 Companies
- Donna Johnson, CMP, CMM, Capitol Hill Management Services (CHMS)
- Desiree Knight, CMP, The American Railway Engineering and Maintenance-of-Way Association (AREMA)
- Christy Lamagna, CMP, CMM, CTSM, Strategic Meetings and Events
- Wendy Laugesen, CMP, MarkLogic
- Michael D. Lynn, CEM, CME, CMM, CMP, CPC, CPECP, Global Protocol, Etiquette and Civility Academy | Professional Tradeshow Resources
- Pam Martin, Creative Meetings & Incentives (CM&I)
- Terry Matthews-Lombardo, CMP, TML Services Group, LLC
- Deborah Molique, Molique EPS
- Pat Moore, CMP, Mattel
- Annette Naif, Naif Productions
- Natalie Norris, CMP, CMM, Meetings and More, Inc.
- Qualena Odom-Royes, CSEP, CMP, CDMP, EventEssentials, LLC
- Barbara Ozenbaugh, CMP, CAE, Seaside Event & Non-Profit Management
- Sanece Marie Poolas, Strategic Meetings & Events
- Dana L Saal CMP, CAE, Saal Meeting Consulting
- Heather Sampson, CMP, DES, Aspire Meetings & Events, LLC
- Bonni Scepkowski, Stellar Meetings & Events
- Arlene Schilke, CMP, Timewise Event Management Inc.
- Marilee Sonneman, CMP, DMCP, Spotlight Sojourns
- Karin Soyster Fitzgerald, CMP, CAE, International Association of Fire Chiefs
- Chip G. Stockton, CMP, Conference ConCepts, Inc.
- Tracy Stuckrath, CSEP, CMM, CHC, CFPM, Thrive! Meetings & Events
- Heather Switzer, CMP, Winsight, LLC
- Peg Wolschon, CMP, CTA, Calyx Software
- Terri Woodin, CMP, Meeting Sites Resource
According to SPIN, the 40 honorees will each receive complimentary registration for SPINCon 2017 (one for the honoree, and one for their nominator or a fellow qualified planner), and they will be recognized at the conference in a special ceremony. SPIN recently opened its membership to veteran suppliers.
SPINCon 2017 will be held at the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, Texas, Dec. 3-5, 2017.