ARIA Resort & Casino opened an additional 200,000 square feet of meeting space Feb. 15, 2018, capping a $170 million expansion at the AAA Five Diamond resort on the Vegas Strip.
The addition, which is integrated with the MGM Resorts International property’s existing LEED Gold-certified convention center, is spread across four floors and features outdoor space, nontraditional meeting areas and open-air verandas with retractable windows and views of sibling MGM facilities The Park and T-Mobile Arena.
The 3,000-square-foot Cypress Executive Lounge offers a stocked pantry, three private suites for workspaces and one-on-one meetings, a study and a conference room with furniture setups for groups of up to 30.
Other highlights of the expansion include three ballrooms with built-in stages, a loading dock with a “magavator” for events that require large displays, indoor-outdoor breakout rooms, floor-to-ceiling windows and prefunction spaces. The top floor offers a large ballroom with the capacity for groups of up to 2,000.
Following are expansion fast facts supplied by ARIA Resort & Casino:
- Construction began: May 2016.
- Opened: Feb. 15, 2018.
- Cost: approximately $170 million.
- Expansion: 200,000 square feet.
- Total space after completion: 500,000 square feet.
- Cypress Executive Lounge: 2,984 square feet, includes conference room and 3 private meeting suites.
- Primrose Ballroom: 21,011 square feet.
- South Primrose Veranda: 6,720 square feet.
- East Primrose Veranda: 2,936 square feet.
- Pre-function: 6,203 square feet.
- Mariposa Ballroom: 23,380 square feet.
- Built-in stage: 1,064 square feet.
- Orovada Ballroom: 18,241 square feet.
- Built-in stage: 1,161 square feet.
- 15 meeting rooms: 459-5,400 square feet.
- Outdoor terrace: 1,086 square feet.
The completion of the expansion brings the ARIA Resort & Casino's total amount of meeting and convention space to 500,000 square feet, allowing it to accommodate larger groups than ever before.
“Convention business demand at ARIA continues to grow, especially as planners discover we can accommodate larger groups, allowing us to book into 2020 and beyond,” said Tony Yousfi, ARIA’s vice president of sales. “With this expansion, we can better service our clients’ needs and increase the spectrum of events we can host.”