Queen Kapi‘olani Hotel completed a $35 million renovation and repositioning. At 19 stories, all 315 guest rooms and suites have been remodeled. New windows in each room capture glorious views of the Pacific Ocean, Diamond Head and adjacent Kapi‘olani Park.
Built in the mid-1960s during Waikiki's Golden Age, the Queen Kapi‘olani’s reimagining embraces its heritage with a laid-back, vintage vibe that incorporates modern enhancements to meet the needs of today's travelers.
The hotel features a large open-air lobby; an 8,000-square-foot third-floor lanai (outdoor deck) with swimming pool, restaurant and lounge; a lobby level coffee-and-wine bar; retail shops; and a state-of-the-art fitness center.
[Related Content: 3 Ways Experienced Local Staff Bring Waikiki Meetings to Life]
In keeping with the Queen Kapi‘olani’s community-oriented legacy, popular local artists were commissioned to create exclusive paintings that accent the lobby area.
The Queen Kapi‘olani Hotel’s guest rooms offer unparalleled views of Diamond Head as well as stunning ocean views. Transformed into comforting retreats, the rooms feature coastal color palettes, modern amenities, large new windows, and individual lanais.
The fixtures and furnishings, selected by renown local design firm Philpotts Interiors, also align with the hotel's vintage vibe.
"It’s our goal to make business a pleasure at Queen Kapi‘olani and we are thrilled to share this authentic Waikiki experience with groups and event planners,” says Jeff Perkins, general manager of the Queen Kapi‘olani Hotel.
“Our talented planners and caterers will attend to every detail of your corporate event, so you can focus on the meeting at hand – and spend more time riding those ocean waves!”
2019 Special Group Promotion
Along with the transformation, Queen Kapi‘olani Hotel has launched a special group promotion for 2019. From now through Dec. 20, 2019, planners who book any future group programs at the newly renovated Waikiki resort will receive the following:
- One per 30: One complimentary room or upgrade to an available suite for every 30 rooms booked.
- Waived Rental Fees: All rental fees waived (includes tables, chairs, podium, easel).
- Tour Desk: Two complimentary (includes basic phone line).
- Hotel Credit: $3,000 hotel credit toward master account.
- Terms & conditions: Excludes peak seasons and based on hotel availability. Valid for all groups with a minimum of 30 and maximum of 120 rooms on peak.
From now through June 30, 2019 guests may enjoy special group rates starting from $150 per night, run of house (ROH) or $195 run of ocean (ROO).
Queen Kapi‘olani Meeting and Event Space
Overlooking Waikiki Beach, the newly renovated Queen Kapi‘olani Hotel is the perfect destination for incentives, meetings, conferences and social groups.
Its comfortable meeting and event spaces can accommodate both casual and professional gatherings, starting at intimate affairs for 20 or larger events up to 450 people.
- The third-floor Le‘ahi Room, Le‘ahi Lanai, and Le‘ahi pre-function spaces provide flexibility. Together, they can offer over 5,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor event space with a refreshing and inspiring atmosphere.
- A new culinary concept, Deck., is adjacent to the third-floor swimming pool serving coastal cuisine and an array of craft cocktails.
- Kapahulu Terrace offers the Royal Art Gallery with refurbished portraits of Queen Kapi‘olani and King Kalākaua offer a unique space for breakouts, networking or cocktail receptions.
For group information and booking availability, email the Queen Kapi‘olani Hotel sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 808-922-1941.
[Read This Next: 4 Tips to Plan Unforgettable Events Infused With Hawaiian Culture]