Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts debuted in Mexico with the Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal, transforming The Resort at Pedregal.
The resort, which celebrates its 10th anniversary this year, was acquired by affiliates of Walton Street Capital Mexico.
The new Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal is situated on a 24-acre site at the southernmost tip of Mexico’s Baja California Peninsula.
The resort offers 119 guest rooms and residential-style suites including the one-bedroom Dos Mares suites, two-bedroom beachfront suites and the presidential beachfront suite, all featuring their own private plunge pools.
“We are excited for the next chapter of this landmark resort. Having been with the property since its opening ten years ago, the team’s dedication to providing everlasting experiences to our guests and commitment to preserving the area’s rich history and culture have been of upmost importance,” said Fernando Flores, general manager of the property.
“Combined with Waldorf Astoria’s unparalleled, intuitive service, unwavering attention to detail and culinary excellence, this new Waldorf Astoria property will undoubtedly bring Los Cabos to the next level of unforgettable luxury.”
Meeting Space, Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal
The property features indoor and outdoor spaces for meetings and events for up to 150 people. The resort can accommodate functions from a traditional executive meeting to an incentive trip banquet overlooking the ocean at Don Manuel’s restaurant.
The resort features an extensive and unique dining program with culinary offerings including:
- El Farallon: In an alfresco setting suspended over the ocean, El Farallon features an “ocean-to-table” menu enabling guests to choose from a variety of fresh fish from the surrounding waters.
- Don Manuel’s: The resort’s signature restaurant serves breakfast and dinner, using cuisine made from local, organic ingredients and prepared using modern interpretations of old-world techniques.
- Crudo Bar: Meaning “raw bar” in Spanish, Crudo Bar is uniquely situated in the center of the main pool, offering a wide selection of freshly prepared tiraditos, ceviche and Mexican inspired rolls.
- Beach Club: A casual poolside dining venue, it serves coastal favorites such as hummus, fresh grilled seafood, sandwiches and salads.
Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal offers concierge services, a private chef upon request, transportation via the resort valet and customized daytime itineraries.
Additional programming provided by Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal includes:
- Curated Exploration: The new Beyond the Beach adventures include a culinary and art excursion with Savoring Todos Santos and Give-Back Tourism at La Candelaria where volunteer groups visit La Candelaria, aiding in the upkeep of the Agustin Melgar Primary School, followed by lunch with the school children. Additional adventures include Panga reef cruises, sunny yacht breakfasts, farm-to-table lunches and more in bountiful Baja.
- Waldorf Astoria Spa: The new Waldorf Astoria Spa features 12,000 square feet of space, providing a tranquil environment for reflection among pristine ocean views. This year, the spa is diving deeper into the healing elements with the launch of standalone 50- or 80-minute moon phase treatments—The Awakening Moon, The Nourishing Moon, The Calming Moon and The Resorting Moon—featuring natural ingredients and techniques that enhance the energy and healing influence each phase has on the body. Waldorf Astoria Spa also offers The Intention, a new Mexican folk healing treatment developed with local “sanadores” and shamans, that is composed of an energy cleansing ritual, craniosacral therapy and a Mexican folk massage.
- the Va y Viene Beach Bar: New to the resort this year, this offering is inspired by the ocean that ebbs and flows. The new mobile beach bar features a variety of champagnes for guests to taste and sip on while taking in the ocean views from swinging chairs.
Information is based off a press release from Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts.