Most recent articles
Wyndham’s The Meetings Collection on an Expansion Tear
Dolce by Wyndham Athens Attica Riviera
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts has been on a furious expansion of its The Meetings Collection portfolio, which has grown from seven North America properties when launching in late 2021 to currently include more than 160 hotels and resorts in the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
The company, which bills itself as the world’s largest hotel franchising company, with approximately 9,000 properties across 95 countries, announced at IMEX America that the expansion of The Meetings Collection, part of the Wyndham Business program, will build on its desirability for meeting planners to book multiple, multi-year meetings across its brands.
“One of the reasons we wanted to expand is we saw the recovery happening, which was more in the group space than with individual corporate travelers,” said Carol Lynch, senior vice president, Global Sales, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. “The biggest growth was in the Asia-Pacific region, and I think the next growth will be in Latin America, especially with the all-inclusive Registry Collection and Wyndham Alltra [brands]. We just launched those brands in the last year and a half.”
Lynch said The Meetings Collection is still seeing a lot of demand for meetings, both month-over-month and in the short term, with demand expected to be strong through the fourth quarter of 2022 due to compression and pent-up demand for programs such as training, planning and customer meetings.
Lynch said she wouldn’t be surprised if the total number of Collection hotels hit 200 worldwide in the next couple of years.
“This growth, combined with the continued recovery of group travel, make now the right time to expand The Meetings Collection globally,” said Lynch in a statement announcing the expansion. “These hotels and their teams are experts in delivering exceptional experiences and, through The Meetings Collection, Wyndham is making it easier than ever for planners—specifically those booking two or more events at one or multiple hotels—to save time, save money and get rewarded in the process.”
Lynch added that Wyndham is traditionally strong in small to midsize meetings of approximately 100 persons, and the expansion will help foster meeting planner loyalty to the company.
“One of the reasons we wanted to expand this offering was to make planning more easy, but also to build loyalty,” she said. “If we can book a meeting for one, two or three years, then it’s a benefit to keep them in the Wyndham family.”
According to Wyndham, planners booking in The Meetings Collection portfolio receive a number of benefits:
- Multi-meeting discounts: Save up to 5% off Total Meeting Value when booking two events or more.
- Enhanced flexibility: Up to 30% group attrition with no penalty.
- Streamlined contracting process: Dedicated sales team support and a single point of contact for each event.
- Exclusive destination experiences: Exclusive destination experiences for groups, such as weekend golf getaways, spa retreats, immersive culinary experiences and more.
- Double Wyndham Rewards® points: Double points for planners via Wyndham Rewards and go meet.
According to Wyndham, the above perks are available on qualified bookings at all U.S. hotels and resorts within The Meetings Collection, with similar perks available in all regions globally but in some cases available only for a limited time.
For details on the latest offers by property or by region, including full terms and conditions, visit www.wyndhambusiness.com/meetings.
Aside from the above perks, The Meetings Collection properties also offer turnkey activities and experiences for meeting groups, including locally sourced spirits tastings, curated beach and city cleanup programs, culinary competitions, racing excursions and more.
An Expanding Global Meetings Portfolio
Brands under The Meetings Collection banner include Wyndham, Wyndham Grand, Wyndham Alltra, Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Dolce by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Ramada by Wyndham and others.
Following are examples in select destinations:
- United States: 20 hotels and resorts, including The Grandover Resort & Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel in Greensboro, N.C.; The New Yorker, a Wyndham Hotel in New York; Wyndham Lake Buena Vista near Orlando, Fla.; and Cheyenne Mountain Resort, a Dolce by Wyndham in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Latin America and Mexico: Over a dozen hotels, resorts and all-inclusives, including Wyndham Alltra Cancun in Cancun, Mexico (all-inclusive); Wyndham Alltra Playa del Carmen in Playa del Carmen, Mexico (all-inclusive); Esplendor by Wyndham Buenos Aires in Buenos Aires, Argentina; Dazzler by Wyndham Rosario in Santa Fe, Argentina; and Wyndham Garden Sao Paulo Convention Center in Sao Paulo.
- Europe, the Middle East, Eurasia and Africa: Over 30 hotels and resorts, including Dolce by Wyndham Athens Attica Riviera in Vravrona, Greece, near Athens; Wyndham Grand Istanbul Kalamis Marina in Istanbul; and Wyndham Dubai Deira in Dubai, UAE.
- Southeast Asia and Pacific Rim: Over 25 hotels and resorts, including Ramada by Wyndham Singapore at Zhongshan Park in Singapore; Howard Johnson by Wyndham Incheon Airport in Incheon, Korea; Days Hotel & Suites by Wyndham Fraser Business Park Kuala Lumpur in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; and Wyndham Garden Hanoi in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Greater China: Nearly 70 hotels and resorts, including Wyndham Chongqing Yuelai in Chongqinq; Wyndham Grand Foshan Gaoming in Guangdong; Wyndham Kunming Panlong in Yunnan; and Wyndham Garden Nanjing in Jiangsu.