Top Reasons to Meet in Greater Palm Springs
With sun-kissed skies, swaying palm trees and mountains you can almost reach out and touch, Greater Palm Springs provides an inspiring backdrop for brainstorming big ideas and connecting with colleagues. The destination’s nine distinct cities—Palm Springs, Desert Hot Springs, Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, Indian Wells, La Quinta, Indio and Coachella—offer a unique blend of venues and attractions, from historic indenture modern estates and sprawling polo fields to hockey games and hot mineral springs. It's this variety of experiences combined with such a relaxing atmosphere that groups love most about meeting in Greater Palm Springs.
Plus, Greater Palm Springs enjoys more than 300 days of sunshine each year, meaning outdoor events and activities are on the agenda year-round. Mild winters and warm, sunny summers call for poolside networking and evening receptions beneath clear, starry skies. And what better way to build a stronger team or inspire bright ideas than by sharing a memorable experience in an extraordinary setting?
Here are five reasons why Greater Palm Springs is the perfect destination for your next conference or meeting.
1. Easy Air Access
Though Greater Palm Springs is located just hours from gateway cities like Los Angeles and San Diego, flying here directly has never been easier. Palm Springs International Airport (PSP) offers a convenient alternative to some of the larger airports in the region, with 30+ nonstop flights across 12 airlines and connections to more than 500 destinations worldwide. A new nonstop route from Palm Springs to New York-JFK on Alaska Airlines (starting Dec. 14) is the latest addition to PSP’s ever-growing air service.
The airport’s open-air walkways, lushly landscaped courtyards, and fewer crowds allow attendees to arrive relaxed and inspired. Plus, a $36 million renovation will enhance almost every aspect of the traveler experience, such as new locally inspired food and retail vendors coming in 2023-2024.
2. New Developments and Attractions
Greater Palm Springs is always welcoming new developments to an already impressive lineup of venues, accommodations, and attractions. Recent highlights and refreshes include:
- Acrisure Arena: The 11,000-seat sports and entertainment venue opened its doors to hockey fans, music lovers and meeting planners in 2022 and not only hosts concerts and private events but is also home to the Seattle Kraken’s American Hockey League (AHL) franchise, the Coachella Valley Firebirds.
- Spa at Séc-he: The latest addition to the destination’s renowned health and wellness scene features ancient hot mineral spring waters and state-of-the-art treatments and therapies—perfect for unwinding after a busy day.
- Agua Caliente Cultural Museum: Opening late 2023 and located next to the Spa at Séc-he, the museum celebrates the history, culture and modern achievements of the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians. Groups will be able to host private events and teambuilding at this unique space.
- Thompson Palm Springs: This new downtown Palm Springs property (opening late 2023) will feature 168 luxury guest rooms and panoramic views of the San Jacinto Mountains.
- Tommy Bahama Miramonte Resort & Spa: The clothing and lifestyle brand is launching their first resort concept in the city of Indian Wells, transforming the existing Miramonte Resort & Spa with a revamped restaurant, bar and villa suites.
- La Quinta Resort & Club: This summer, the historic resort began a large-scale, $70 million guest room renovation project set for completion in 2029.
3. Outdoor Venues & Activities
Many Greater Palm Springs hotels and resorts feature expansive patios, courtyards, and grassy lawns that allow attendees to soak in the year-round sunshine and beautiful views. A wide range of outdoor meeting space includes everything from boutique hotels to major properties like the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, boasting a spectacular lake and palm tree-lined grove, and La Quinta Resort & Club, known for their lushly landscaped grounds dotted with citrus trees and nestled at the base of mountains.
Greater Palm Springs also offers ways for groups to meet outside-the-box (with special emphasis on the outside element). Unique venues in the open air include:
- BMW Performance Center: Give your meeting a shot of adrenaline with high-speed laps around the track before or after meeting in one (or all) of their three luxurious meeting spaces.
- Empire Polo Club: Though best known as the home of Coachella and Stagecoach music festivals, this sprawling venue can host a variety of special events (big and small) and scores major points for fun team-building activities like golf cart polo.
- The Living Desert Zoo & Gardens: Group animal encounters are a must at this wonderfully “wild” attraction, where a grand event space overlooking a new lion habitat is in the works.
4. An Inspiring Convention Center
The Palm Springs Convention Center, located within walking distance of incredible dining, shopping and cultural attractions in downtown Palm Springs, exceeds all expectations—starting with its lobby, where panoramic mountain views make meetings more inspiring. The Center includes:
- 120,000 square feet of carpeted exhibit space
- 21 breakout rooms
- Two spacious ballrooms
- 20,000-square-foot event lawn
The Palm Springs Convention Center also focuses on how their events are impacting the community and the Earth, whether it’s partnering with the city’s recycling program or enacting their own sustainable practices, including a food composting program that captures 98% of food waste, the installation of more than 2,700 solar panels on the roof, onsite catering that prioritizes sourcing local ingredients, and the use of recycled paper products throughout the venue.
5. Incredible Value & Savings
In addition to easy air access, new developments and attractions, and outdoor venues, planners can capitalize on the destination’s off-peak “chill” summer season with the Meeting Oasis incentive, which includes rebates for events taking place in June, July, or August of 2023, 2024 or 2025.
How does it work? Visit Greater Palm Springs provides clients with a rebate that can be utilized for facility rental, food and beverage expenditures, audio visual expenses, or other meetings-related fees. The credit will be awarded based on 80% pick up of paid and consumed rooms at one of the destination’s hotels or resorts.
For more reasons to plan a meeting or event in Greater Palm Springs, visit www.meetingsinpalmsprings.com.
Sponsored by Visit Greater Palm Springs