Marriott Marquis San Diego’s New F&B Program Gives Groups a Taste of the City
At the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina groups can now get a taste of San Diego’s diverse culinary scene without leaving the property.
Neighborhood is a new food and beverage program for meetings and events inspired by the flavors, local specialties and cultural offerings of San Diego’s neighborhoods.
The hotel’s new catering initiative features custom, chef-crafted menus as well as theme and décor that take attendees on an immersive gastronomic tour of the city, but all on the hotel’s Marina Terrace, which overlooks the marina and San Diego Bay.
[On the Scene: Marriott CRN's SoCal Properties Deliver the Personal Touch]
This event option allows planners to bring their host city to the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina and gives attendees experiences unique to San Diego.
“The Neighborhood event experience gives planners creative power to design an authentic, one-of-a-kind experience of San Diego’s culinary culture,” said Tim Herrmann, general manager. “We believe in weaving the ease of our state-of-the-art property with San Diego’s vibrant gastronomic landscape to fully immerse guests in our city’s sights, sounds and flavors."
A few of the communities represented in Neighborhood include:
- Little Italy – One of the city’s hottest downtown neighborhoods comes alive though handcrafted pastas, house made sauces, freshly baked bread even custom gelato.
- Point Loma – Boasting coastal cuisine with a strong seaside influence, inspiring a menu of sustainable seafood offerings such as assorted shellfish and homemade crab cakes.
- Barrio Logan – An emerging neighborhood with a Mexican influence, this option brings a Cali-Baja vibe with ceviche, tostadas, and San Diego’s famous fish tacos.
- East Village/Ballpark – Representing the San Diego Padres and their home stadium, Petco Park, this menu offers a Taste of the Ballpark, including gourmet hot dogs, salted pretzels, homemade chili and cracker jacks.
- North Park – This trendy and urban community is represented through a menu that offers locally brewed craft beer and a hard kombucha bar, vegan specialties, and create-your-own artisan pizza station.
- Beach Communities – Inspired by the carefree beach communities of Pacific Beach, Mission Beach and Ocean Beach, this menu keeps it cool with elevated “bar bites” and local favorites to chow down on, including wings, sliders, and over the top nachos.
- La Jolla – Dramatic shoreline views give this community the title of “jewel of San Diego.” This menu draws inspiration from a beach picnic. Offerings include sandwiches, housemade potato chips, fresh fruit, charcuterie and artisanal cheeses.
- Gaslamp Quarter – This downtown neighborhood has a lively bar and nightclub scene, the Gaslamp Quarter menu offers specialty craft cocktails, mixology stations and creative libations to bring the party to life.
The Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina offers 1,360 guest rooms and more than 136,000 square feet of meeting space. It also houses a 446-slip marina.
The hotel is adjacent to San Diego Convention Center and completed a comprehensive 100 million-dollar transformation, which focused on the on-site meeting and event facilities.
[Read This Next: Los Angeles' Westside and Beach Cities Dish Out Diversity]