Most recent articles
Get to Know the Meritage Collection’s 3 Meetings-Ready Hotels
The Estate Cave, the largest climate-controlled cave in the Napa region, at The Meritage Resort and Spa
Creating memorable events is what meeting planners strive for, and at the Meritage Collection’s meetings-ready properties in California, that process couldn’t be more streamlined.
“One of the big things that makes Meritage Collection really special is that we are a lifestyle meetings resort,” said Ajeet Anand, vice president of sales and marketing for Pacific Hospitality Group, which operates the Meritage Collection. “We’re also a leisure-focused hospitality company, but we really appeal to those looking for unique meeting experiences in iconic destinations.”
Those destinations include the seaside San Diego neighborhood of La Jolla; the gateway to wine paradise, Napa; and the laidback Southern California beach town of Huntington Beach.
“We’re really committed to providing the best-in-class service, as well as creating memorable connections for our attendees and guests,” Anand said, “and provide that in a way that feels like they’ve arrived somewhere, right? Not that they have arrived in any conference room in any hotel in any city.”
An Introduction to 3 Meritage Collection Hotels
Meritage Collection resorts and hotels pride themselves on the fact that they are a part of the communities in which they’re located. For example, if a planner books Paséa Hotel & Spa, their group will undoubtedly have a Huntington Beach experience.
For those who might need an introduction (or reintroduction), here’s what planners need to know about Meritage Collection’s three meetings-ready properties in California.
1. Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa | La Jolla, CA
For planners looking to host an unforgettable event in the seaside town of La Jolla—known for its rugged coastline, posh boutiques and as the home of the famous Torrey Pines Golf Course—there’s no better property than the incomparable Estancia. This AAA Four-Diamond property offers 210 spacious guest rooms, 11 suites and a 7,000-square-foot spa.
“With nearly 10 acres of lush gardens and outdoor experiences at your fingertips, groups looking to truly collaborate and innovate beyond the boardroom can easily create unforgettable moments with unparalleled service at Estancia La Jolla,” Anand said.
The outdoor spaces at this property are truly one of a kind—we even included it in our feature this year on outstanding outdoor spaces at ALHI properties.
- Square footage of total indoor and outdoor meeting/event space: 47,000
- Standout meeting/event space: Garden Courtyard (3,136 square feet)
- Memorable past event: “We worked with this amazing and innovative life sciences company that took over all of our spaces and fully branded each meeting space, which was so fun to see,” Anand said. “Not only did they have a different theme for every meeting space, but on their last night they ended the sales conference with a rock band on our front drive where everyone danced the night away under the stars.”
2. The Meritage Resort and Spa | Napa, CA
In the legendary Napa Valley, it’s easy to inspire and delight attendees, especially when they’re hosted at The Meritage Resort and Spa, where productive meetings and events pair with world-class wine, warm hospitality and stunning vineyard views.
With more than 80,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor spaces—including covered terraces and the two largest ballrooms between San Francisco and Sacramento—The Meritage Resort and Spa offers some of the largest and most flexible meeting and event space in the Napa Valley.
Planners can also expect 322 guest rooms, large luxury suites, a nine-acre vineyard with walking trails, two pools, Spa Terra located in a cave directly under the property’s private vineyards, lounge with 6-lane bowling alley and an onsite restaurant.
- Square footage of total indoor and outdoor meeting/event space: 80,000+
- Standout meeting/event space: Estate Cave (3,892 square feet)
- Memorable past event: “Our retreat at the Meritage was a wonderful event. Through the extra attention to detail, everything went smoothly as if it was just made for our event. Knowing the intricacies and how many things could go wrong, I would like to extend my thanks to each of you and your teams. At the end of the meeting I asked my team for recommendations for our next retreat, and they all thought returning to your resort was a wonderful idea. We hope to see you around the same time next year.” - Leadership Retreat, Health Care Industry
3. Paséa Hotel & Spa | Huntington Beach, CA
There’s plenty of coastal style to incorporate into a meeting or event at the beautiful Paséa Hotel & Spa. Located just steps from the iconic Huntington Beach Pier, Paséa offers 250 guest rooms and suites, a Balinese-inspired spa with both indoor and outdoor treatment areas, a signature restaurant and a luxurious pool that features panoramic ocean views, fire pits, cabanas, an outdoor bar and a hot tub.
“At Paséa, your meeting will be met with service that goes above and beyond to make your meeting event more than memorable,” said Joe Martino, director of sales for Paséa. “Wellness and sport is what makes Paséa unique, with a front row seat to iconic Huntington Beach, miles of running and biking trails, professional surfers afoot and stellar dining.”
- Square footage of total indoor and outdoor meeting/event space: 35,000
- Standout meeting/event space: Ocean Lawn (6,000 square feet)
- Memorable past event: “A sporting equipment corporation did an amazing event on the Ocean Lawn and had a big cornhole tournament for their group,” Martino said. “They lined the whole lawn like a field for several games to happen at once and had a jumbotron screen to showcase the standings. They also transformed our space completely with a full production with staging, screens and lighting in the Sapphire Ballroom and created walls to showcase their shoes in each breakout. The event occurred in 2019 with a group of 500 and was an amazing fit for the property.”
Interested in learning more about hosting a meeting or event at one of the Meritage Collection resorts? Contact:
This article is brought to you in partnership with the Meritage Collection.