The historic Wigwam in Litchfield, Arizona, is bucking the commission-slashing trend and continuing to support meeting planners with a generous new promotion.
Under the property’s Make History in ’18 program, planners will receive 18 percent commission on group room nights for stays from July 1 to Dec. 31, 2018, in addition to the following value-added benefits:
- $18 resort charge, discounted from $20.
- 18 percent off standard banquet menu pricing.
- 18 percent discount on spa treatments at LeMonds–Aveda Salon and Spa.
- 18 percent off rounds of golf on its three of the championship courses.
- 18 percent discount on PSAV equipment.
The Make History in ’18 program is only valid for new bookings, and RFPs must be signed by Sept. 30, 2018.
The Wigwam's commission on group room nights was 10 percent before the promotion.
In light of the climate in the industry today, the property wanted to show its continued appreciation toward planners with the commission raise, according to Marti Trieschmann, regional vice president of sales and marketing at The Wigwam.
"It's especially important now as larger brands are cutting commissions and perks for meeting planners," Trieschmann said, adding that The Wigwam is fortunate enough to have the flexibility to boost commission rates, since it is a fully independent property with affiliation to Preferred Hotels & Resorts.
"We want to take this opportunity to reward and support our meeting planners, as they have been part of our continued success over the years," she added.
Celebrating History and Success
This year is a historic one for The Wigwam, an iconic Arizona landmark, as it marks the centennial anniversary of its Organization House, the first building on the site.
The Organization House served as Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company’s executive housing and today is the foundation of The Wigwam’s authenticity and historic charm. Meanwhile, the property is gearing up for the 90th anniversary of the resort's official opening in 1929.
"In a time of us celebrating our history, we want to invite others to make a little history of their own—and that's what this promotion encourages," Trieschmann said.
The AAA Four-Diamond Wigwam is spread over 440 acres in Phoenix’s West Valley.
The Southwestern-style, estate-like resort offers three pools with adult and family areas, five dining experiences, three 18-hole championship golf courses, nine lighted tennis courts, a 26,000-square-foot luxury spa and 85,000 square feet of combined meeting space—30,000 square feet indoor and 55,000 square feet outdoor—including the following venues:
- The Wigwam Ballroom (10,800 square feet), featuring dramatic high ceilings and space to accommodate meetings and events of up to 800 guests.
- Mohave Ballroom (5,390 square feet), featuring contemporary decor and radiant lighting perfect for awards dinners or meetings of up to 300 guests.
- Sachem Hall (5,084 square feet.), featuring a large built-in stage, 15-foot ceilings and access to an alfresco terrace.
- The Wigwam Lawn and Patio, featuring a lawn surrounded by lush greenery and cacti, with space for events of up to 1,000 guests.
For more information on the Make History in ’18 promotion or to book meetings and events at The Wigwam, call (623) 856-1088 or email WigwamSalesOnline@wigwamarizona.com.