Kiawah Island, S.C.
Kiawah Island Golf Resort launched a series of major projects that will further enhance the property’s world-class amenities. The internationally recognized resort, located on a barrier island 21 miles south of historic Charleston South Carolina, has broken ground on the first stage of redevelopment, which will continue through the end of 2020 in time to host the PGA Championship in May 2021.
The projects consist of:
- A new 150-room luxury beachfront hotel with dining, spa, retail and ballroom.
- A new state-of-the-art conference center featuring a 10,529-square-foot core meeting space and 11 breakout rooms totaling 3,815 square feet.
- A new Cougar Point Clubhouse containing a full-service pro shop, a sports tavern, a bar and locker rooms.
- A new villa check-in.
- A new 150-seat chapel connected to The Sanctuary hotel.
- Four new two-story, four-bedroom rental cottages adjacent to The Ocean Course Clubhouse.
- Consolidation of all tennis programs at Roy Barth Tennis Center with 10 new Har-Tru HydroCourts and fully resurfaced existing courts, as well as an updated clubhouse.
- A completely reimagined and enhanced Night Heron Park, with a new Nature Center, Pavilion, other activities spaces and dining, including the relocation of The Town Center Market.
“These developments mark an exciting chapter in Kiawah Island Golf Resort’s notable history,” said Roger Warren, president of Kiawah Island Golf Resort. “The developments will completely revitalize the West Beach area, which formed the nucleus of the resort when it was first developed in 1976, but it will also enhance and complement the world-class facilities, amenities and programs that Kiawah has been proud to offer its guests over the past decades.”