Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Airport Herndon opened just five miles from Washington Dulles International Airport. The brand new, six-story hotel is located in the technology corridor dubbed “the Silicon Valley of the East.” Northern Virginia has the second-largest concentration of technology jobs in any major market, serving eight Fortune 500 companies and Defense Department contracts.
Home to more than 10 million square feet of data centers, Herndon, Virginia hosts 70 percent of the world’s internet traffic each day. As a result, the city is the frontrunner for Amazon’s second headquarters — an eight million-square-foot campus for 50,000 employees.
“We developed the Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Airport Herndon with Amazon in mind,” said Tyler Morse, CEO and managing partner of MCR and MORSE Development. “In our hotel, the area’s tech work force will have flexible spaces and free lightning fast Wi-Fi to stream, shop and work online.”
The Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Airport Herndon features:
- 187 guest rooms with hybrid zones for working, sleeping, relaxing and getting ready
- Nearly 1,000 square feet of meeting space for up to 90 people
- A personal device charging station in the lobby and individual booths with flat screen TVs
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- The Bistro, which serves breakfast and dinner, snacks, cocktails and Starbucks coffee
- A 24-hour fitness center with cardio equipment and free weights
- A business library with computer stations designated for printing airline boarding passes and checking flight status
- A complimentary airport shuttle
- On-site laundry service
- Close proximity to the Washington Metro Silver Line, which will connect Herndon with IAD in 2020
Information based off a news release from Marriott Hotels & Resorts.