Hyatt Regency Hangzhou rebranded to Grand Hyatt Hangzhou following 18 months of renovations. The hotel is expected to conclude an extensive renovation of its public areas, 388 guest rooms, over 35,000 square feet of meeting and event space and restaurants in January 2019. Grand Hyatt Hangzhou will be the first Grand Hyatt hotel in the Zhejiang Province and the 15th in Greater China.
“We are thrilled to introduce the Grand Hyatt experience to the locals and visitors of Hangzhou,” said Nicholas Lacey, general manager. “We are truly blessed to have this incredible location overlooking West Lake and believe that the breathtaking views coupled with our beautiful recent renovations will make Grand Hyatt Hangzhou the leading destination in the city for business and leisure travel – and to celebrate life’s special moments.”
The renovation, which commenced in 2017, was spearheaded by Thai interior design firm P49 Deesign. With the hotel’s rebrand in mind, the firm set out to develop Grand Hyatt Hangzhou into a transformative destination with modern, timeless interiors that would reflect the city’s rich history and culture while taking full advantage of the lake view.
The new Grand Hyatt Hangzhou features:
- 388 guest rooms and suites, ranging in size from 366–2,500 square feet. Designed to amplify the lake or city views, the indulgent rooms will feature a mix of textures in the wallcoverings and soft furnishings with subtle Chinese design elements appearing in the furniture and wall art.
- Reintroduced after a complete renovation in 2017, the hotel’s more-than 35,000 square feet of event space features the latest audiovisual technology.
- The Grand Club Lounge will offer club-level guests complimentary breakfast, all-day light refreshments and evening cocktails and canapés, as well as the use of the boardrooms and all-day assistance from the Club Concierge. Grand Club guests will also have access to an outdoor roof terrace with views of the West Lake Musical Fountain show that performs nightly.
- Seven globally inspired cocktail and dining venues. The renovated Grand Café and Pastry Boutique will share space with a new venue, Patio, which will be a casual indoor and outdoor dining venue overlooking West Lake specializing in authentic Italian pasta and pizza. In Q1 2019, Grand Hyatt Steakhouse will open and offer a variety of seafood and exclusive cuts of meat, as well as an Art Deco-inspired cocktail lounge, The Antique Door.
- Opening in early 2019, HUAN Spa and Fitness Center will feature an indoor pool with a skylight ceiling, pool bar and lake views. Next to the pool, the fitness center will be well-equipped.
Information based off a news release from Grand Hyatt Hangzhou.