Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa reopened, unveiling its renovation and expansion.
The resort, which opened 30 years ago in Texas Hill Country near Austin and is renowned for its championship golf courses, underwent a $150 million transformation to significantly elevate and diversify the experience for guests, including meeting attendees.
“The intent in doing this renovation was to make Omni Barton Creek the premier property within Omni and a flagship for the company,” said Todd Raessler, general manager of the resort. “The property has quite a heritage and history with golf and the country club, but this was a reimagination that really takes it to more of a national level in awareness to parallel some of the well-known luxury properties in the country.”
In addition to championship golf, the newly redesigned Omni Barton Creek features an upscale spa, elevated cuisine and high-end meeting spaces, and the ribbon-cutting festivities allowed guests to experience it all.
Guests toured the resort and enjoyed a tasting menu inspired by restaurants throughout the property, including Bob’s Steak & Chop House, Jim Bob’s Lobby Lounge and Nopales.
There were also performances from Austin-based musicians James Parker, Rodney Overturff and The Zach Carney Duo as well as a cocktail demonstration in Crenshaw’s Bar & Eatery and complimentary hand massages and cleansing hand scrubs at the resort’s signature Mokara Spa.
The property’s renovation was inspired by the Texas Hill Country landscape and was designed to highlight the history and sweeping views of the destination, while providing an oasis that creates a relaxed yet refined haven for all guests.
At every opportunity, the design team worked to bring the essence of the outdoors inside and those elements are featured in:
- A new arrival and lobby experience.
- 493 freshly designed guest rooms and suites.
- An all-new conference center with a 14,500-square-foot Brazos Ballroom and a redesigned 8,200-square-foot Darrell K Royal Ballroom.
- A new 5,500-square-foot outdoor event pavilion.
- 23,900 square feet of event lawns.
- Seven new dining outlets offering a wide range of cuisines.
- Brand-new Mokara Spa with a private adults-only rooftop pool and light cuisine from the Spa Creek Café.
- An expansive, multi-tiered poolscape with an infinity-edge pool featuring sweeping Texas Hill Country views
- A redesigned tennis complex featuring 10 courts with LED lighting for evening play.
- Four newly renovated, championship golf courses.
Design-build firm The Beck Group led the resort’s evolution as the main architect and construction firm, while Looney & Associates led the interior design.
Information based off a news release from Omni Hotels & Resorts.