Santa Monica Proper Hotel opened, fusing a circa-1928, Arthur E. Harvey-designed Spanish Colonial Revival building with sleek new construction to create a new 271-room hotel.
Designed by iconic interior designer Kelly Wearstler, the historic building features Spanish architecture and Moorish details throughout and local artists and designers add a touch of Santa Monica layered with soft colors and textures, natural sunlight, and ocean breezes.
The new building is monolithic in nature with a natural, organic palette and furnishings that evoke the beach with decor reminiscent of what one would find along the shore. The hotel features:
- Three restaurant-bar destinations, including a first-ever collaboration between the iconic chefs Jessica Koslow (Sqirl) and Gabriela Camara (Contramar).
- 24,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
- Fitness center with yoga terrace.
- An unparalleled rooftop pool, deck and restaurant-bar.
- Surya Spa from internationally celebrated Ayurvedic guru Martha Soffer.
Showcasing the best of what a destination has to offer, Proper intentionally selects innovative districts and develops a locally immersed program through eclectic designs by Kelly Wearstler, locally curated F&B programming, and world-class amenities.
Proper Hospitality is expanding this summer, from its highly acclaimed first hotel San Francisco Proper Hotel to four hotels starting with Santa Monica Proper Hotel, followed by Austin Proper Hotel & Residences and Downtown Los Angeles Proper Hotel later in the summer.
Information is based off a press release from Santa Monica Proper Hotel.