Toxic Bosses, Workplace Trauma and Choosing Yourself
What are the effects of working for a toxic boss and how do you know when it’s time to walk away?
Michelle Thornton, Events Producer at Meetings & Events by Michelle, shares her experience of working for a destructive leader and how it affected her overall wellbeing, as well as the lessons she learned along the way.
About Our Guest:
Michelle has been planning and leading event teams for Fortune 100 companies in the tech, pharma and entertainment space for the past 15 years.
Michelle is recognized as:
- 2019 Smart Women in Meetings Stellar Performer Award winner
- Smart Meetings Magazine BizBash Top 1000 in the U.S. Event Industry
- BizBash Top 500 people in the Event Industry in North America
- Collaborate Magazine’s 40 under 40
- Member of the Year for the Meeting Professionals International Southern California Chapter
More than all of her past accomplishments, her primary goal is to work for a company where creating connections and experiences with people is a part of their DNA... because it’s part of hers.
Michelle lives for making things “flow” and being the intermediary between multiple teams making visions become reality.
Connect with Michelle:
- Instagram: @mthornton827
More About Our Host:
Courtney believes that transforming past experiences into impactful conversations through raw, authentic storytelling challenges the status quo, connects people from all walks of life and results in great change for the world.
- Courtney is the youngest member to have ever been elected to Meeting Professionals International’s (MPI) International Board of Directors
- She is the recipient of Smart Meetings’ Entrepreneur Award, MeetingsNet’s Changemaker Award, the Association for Women in Events (AWE) Disruptor Award, the MPI Chairman’s Award and MPI RISE Award.
- Named Collaborate and Connect Magazine’s 40 under 40 and a Meetings Today Trendsetter.
- Recognized as one of the event industry’s most impactful change-makers.
- Serves on the Events Industry Sexual Harassment Task Force, AWE’s Board of Directors, MPI’s Women’s Advisory Board, is a Meetings Mean Business Ambassador and is the co-founder of the award-winning movement, #MeetingsToo.
- Named as a 2020 Meetings Trendsetter by Meetings Today
How to connect with Courtney:
- Instagram: @courtneyonstage
- Twitter: @courtneyonstage
- Facebook: @courtneyonstage
Listen to the previous Dare to Interrupt podcast: Progress, Not Perfection: Becoming a Wellness Warrior