Most recent podcasts
Return on Emotion: Creating a Vibe that Drives Business
Season 2, Episode 12
Featured Guest: Liz Lathan, Chief Marketing Officer, Haute
What is "Return on Emotion" and how can you curate experiences that provoke happiness, which in turn, lead to greater profitability? Liz Lathan, chief marketing officer at Haute, gives us a peek behind the curtain at Haute's groundbreaking study on emotion and the innovative experiences that have blown audiences away.
Want to hear more from Courtney and her incredible guests? Find all Dare to Interrupt episodes here.
Meet Our Guest: Liz Lathan
Creator of the new business metric Return on Emotion℠. Event Marketer B2B Dream Team nominee. Smart Meetings Entrepreneur of the Year.
Liz Lathan, CMP, is a marketing strategist focused on events and dedicated to bridging the gap between sales and marketing. She's a corporate event and experiential marketer who's obsessed with applying modern marketing principles to events. Liz is a professional virtual event emcee, Zoom super-user and Spontaneous Think Tank™ facilitator. Liz has led event marketing strategy and teams at Fortune 50 companies and consults on how to optimize events within a broader marketing program.
Liz is co-founder of Haute Companies, a collection of human-centric businesses that includes the creative agency called Haute, the music venue Haute Spot, the luxury auto shop Haute Motor Works and the SaaS platform Swag Hub. Liz is the lead author of "The Age of Conversation Cookbook: How we created a virtual event in 42 days during a pandemic," as well as "Eyebrows Up!: A guide to engaging with clients, guests, and colleagues," available on Amazon Kindle. Liz is founder and moderator of B2B Event Marketer, a powerful, vendor-free community of event marketers in tech (B2Beventmarketer.com).
Connect with Liz:
More About Our Host:
Courtney believes that transforming past experiences into impactful conversations through raw, authentic storytelling challenges the status quo, connects people from all walks of life and results in great change for the world.
- Courtney is the youngest member to have ever been elected to Meeting Professionals International’s (MPI) International Board of Directors
- She is the recipient of Smart Meetings’ Entrepreneur Award, MeetingsNet’s Changemaker Award, the Association for Women in Events (AWE) Disruptor Award, the MPI Chairman’s Award and MPI RISE Award.
- Named Collaborate and Connect Magazine’s 40 under 40 and a Meetings Today Trendsetter.
- Recognized as one of the event industry’s most impactful change-makers.
- Serves on the Events Industry Sexual Harassment Task Force, AWE’s Board of Directors, MPI’s Women’s Advisory Board, is a Meetings Mean Business Ambassador and is the co-founder of the award-winning movement, #MeetingsToo.
- Named as a 2020 Meetings Trendsetter by Meetings Today
Connect with Courtney: